Protein shakes and occasional are in all probability the 2 drinks most beloved by gym-goers of all stripes. Coffee to perk you up pre-workout and a protein shake to refuel your muscle tissue afterwards. Two wonderful drinks and a pairing that may be mixed into one all-conquering summer time superdrink. Just use this iced espresso recipe from Multipower ambassador David Templer.
“Enjoy this iced coffee drink as an afternoon pick-me-up or drink it 30 minutes before your workout to give you a boost while packing in the protein,” says Templer.
The recipe under suggests utilizing vanilla flavour protein powder, however Templer says mocha or chocolate powder would work too.
Ingredients (Serves One)
- 30g vanilla whey protein powder
- 300ml milk (of your choice, Templer recommends coconut or unsweetened almond milk)
- The preparation begins the night time earlier than. Make a daily scorching espresso (as robust as you want) after which pour it right into a ice tray. Pop the espresso within the freezer in a single day so it turns into ice cubes of espresso. Make quite a bit if you wish to take pleasure in iced espresso all week lengthy.
- Mix 30g of vanilla whey protein powder with 300ml of your selection of milk and provides it a shake till the protein and milk have blended collectively. Use milk that’s at room temperature if attainable so the espresso ice cubes of soften sooner.
- Pop your espresso cubes out of the tray and right into a glass, then pour the milk combination over. Top it up with regular ice if wanted or if you would like a weaker espresso.
Using 300ml coconut milk Calories: 174
French vanilla whey protein powder is accessible from Multipower, £27 for 900g (lowered to £20 at time of publication), buy on multipower.com