Most of us have a number of tried and trusted recipes we make on rotation, and there’s completely nothing improper with that. Occasionally we’ll try to combine issues up with one thing solely new, however this type of novelty is often saved for weekends and holidays, as a result of who needs to tax themselves after an extended day at work?
However, with the suitable recipe it’s completely attainable to attempt one thing solely new in half an hour or much less, particularly when you get the components delivered to you with a recipe field service like Mindful Chef, which created this wonderful fish skewer recipe.
We’re prepared to guess that only a few of you could have made pink pesto ling skewers up to now, however the under recipe takes simply 25 minutes to organize and it makes for a superb healthy midweek meal. And in the event you can’t discover ling in your native retailer, we reckon you’ll be able to sub in cod or pollock as an alternative.
Ingredients (serves two)
- 2 150g ling fillets
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 30g pitted black olives
- 1 yellow pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 2tbsp pink pesto
- 80g brown rice
- Large handful of flat-leaf parsley
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil or olive oil
Also required: four skewers
- Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 minutes till cooked, then drain.
- Meanwhile, minimize the yellow pepper and the ling fillets into bite-sized items. Thread the ling on to the skewers, alternating with the yellow pepper. Mix the purple pesto in a bowl with 1tbsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Spread the pesto over the fish skewers and put aside when you make the salad.
- To make the cucumber and olive salad, slice the ends off the half cucumber and cube into 1cm cubes, quarter the cherry tomatoes and halve the black olives. Roughly chop the parsley leaves. Place the cucumber, tomatoes, olives and parsley in a bowl with 1tbsp olive oil and half of the juice from the lemon.
- Preheat a frying pan or griddle pan on a medium warmth and prepare dinner the skewers for eight to 12 minutes, turning sometimes, till the fish is cooked via and the peppers have softened barely.
- Place two fish skewers on two heat plates and serve alongside the cucumber and olive salad and the brown rice. Drizzle over the remaining lemon juice.